Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India, unveiled the “Statue of Unity” in Gujrat at Kevadiya on 142th birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The “Statue of Unity” became the world’s tallest statue with 182 Meters of height. Statue of Unity is standing near Sardar Sarovar Dam which south of river Narmada at Sadhu Bet Island. This statue is a tribute to the Ironman of India Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel for his participation and works for the Independence of India.
Unbelievable Facts of “Statue of Unity”
- This Statue is double than the Statue of Liberty in USA &177 feet higher than China’s Spring Temple Buddha.
- The statue is 182 meters in height from the base, and the actual height is 167 meters.
- Construction of the Statue of Unity took record time of 42 months only. The total cost while constructing this gigantic statue is around US$290 -Million.
- One of the most famous sculptors RAM V SUTAR design this statue & it is constructed by SSNNL (Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Pvt. Ltd.)
- Turner Consulting group worked as a consultant on a management team. Turner consulting is same company who construct Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- This statue is visible from 8 KM of distance.
- Statue has gallery view on the height of 193 meters which can accommodate around 200 people at a time.
- A Museum has around 40,000 documents, 2000 pictures and a dedicated research center to Sardar Patel.
Message from Prime Minister of India
PM Modi mentions in his speech about the farmers and the people who came together to help in the construction of such Historical statue of Unity.
In order to build the #StatueOfUnity, lakhs of farmers from all over India came together, gave their tools, portions of the soil and thus, a mass movement developed: PM @narendramodi pic.twitter.com/NaXjD9Gtp4
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) October 31, 2018
Who Was Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel?
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was first deputy prime minister of India; he was born in Gujrat in 31st-Oct-1875. Sardar Patel played an essential role in the independence of India while participating as the senior leader of Congress. He was also a successful lawyer.
Sardar Patel was the one who has united all the people to build an Independent nation thus he is also known as “Unifier of India.”He was one of the most reliable and robust candidates to support many movements during independence fight. As a leading leader of National Congress, he endorsed Mahatma Gandhi during Non-cooperation movement, Quit India Movement, Satyagraha and many more.